Meeting minutes status:
Friends of Franklin D. Roosevelt and Donald J. Trump State Parks
Minutes - August 10, 2011 Meeting
The meeting was called to order by Peter Hoernes at 7:35PM at the FDR Office.
Present, Jane Daniels, Laurie and Jeff Giafardino, Peter Hoernes, David Rocco, Brian Strasavich (park manager)
Minutes of previous meeting approved
Park Manager’s Minute - Brian Strasavich
- Attendance figures for July are up from last year. Rain in the early part of August has resulted in a significant drop. Lower attendance is less income.
- Staff levels are down as seasonal leave for college; By mid August will have lost second of seven full time employees Plus side is able to provide younger employees supervisory experience. Fewer employees mean supervisors have to pick up the slack.
- Dog waste bag dispenser stations have been installed
- Concession #1 is not able to sell hot food, pending an ok by the County
- Have new radios which help increase communication throughout the park
North Face – Explore your Parks; October 8, 10-12:30
- Part of White House initiative to get people especially kids moving
- Park provides activities which could include, disc golf, hike, mountain bike, running, Canoeing (contact TOEC)
- Brian would like the Friends to take charge of activities and possibly of the event.
- Opportunity for Friends to have a table
Opened bank account at Chase next to the Jefferson Valley Mall; Peter and Jane need to sign signature cards at bank
- Peter and Jane will find someone to take charge of activities and possibly of the event.
- Brian will send schedule of fall events to be posted on web site
- Jane will follow up with Dianne Press about what help the Yorktown Historical Society can provide with information about the CCC at FDR.
- Laurie will contact Saratoga Springs State Park about their seasonal ice rink
The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.
Submitted by Jane Daniels