Draft Agenda, Wednesday, August 9, 2017 – 7:30-9:00 PM
Call to Order - Jane Daniels, President
--- Introductions and sign in
--- Acceptance of the minutes of the June 2017, meeting
Financial Report – Jim Brosnan, Treasurer - balance
Manager's Minute - Bob Guarino, Park Manager
ATVs and dirt bikes
- Outlet Bridge - Jane Daniels
- John Robinson - tree identification signs from Voss Signs (Vosssigns.org)
- Mark Kotkin - a pedestrian button and zebra stripes at the intersection of Strang Blvd & Route 202.
- Charlie Castranova: status of shed
- Dianne Press - Interpretive signs; something for teens;
- Anwer Qureishi: a photography workshop for teens and his plans for corporate funding
- Walt Plankl: set a date to do a tree walk
Support Connection Walk, Yorktown Street Fair
Upcoming meeting Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 7:30 pm in the park office
Meeting minutes status:
Jane Daniels, President called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
The minutes of the June 2017 meeting were accepted
Financial Report – There is 3667.41 in the bank as of July 31, 2017.
Park Manager’s Minute (Bob Guarino): The attendance at the park is dwindling slowly. The pool will close after Labor Day.
- Outlet Bridge Status- Dedication was held Saturdya July 29
- National Heritage Grant - Dianne Press -reported Rick Fisher and she have just heard that the frist sign is designed.
Updates and Status of items suggested at April meeting
- John Robinson - Will contact Rick Fisher to help with tree identification.
- Mark Kotkin - has had no reply back from the DOT about a pedestrian button and zebra stripes at the intersection of Strang Blvd & Route 202. He will follow up i September
- Charlie Castranova - the shed is in place and has a lock. The canopy (tent) is in there. The shed needs to be painted
- Dianne Press - reported via Jane Daniels - She and Rick Fisher are working with the state and approving designs for the interpretative signs
Dianne and Charlie will represent the Friends at the Support Connection's walk.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.