Friends of Franklin Delano Roosevelt & Donald J Trump State Parks
Agenda, Wednesday December 10, 2014 – 7:30-9:00
Call to Order – Jane Daniels, President
- Introductions and sign in
- Acceptance of Minutes of November 12, 2014 meeting
- Additions to the agenda
President – Jane Daniels
- Financial – Jim Brosnan
- Budget for 2015
- Park Manager’s Minute
- Code of Conduct
- PTNY Grant – update
- Recreational Trails Grant status
- Plans for 2015
- Increasing volunteer involvement
Upcoming Events in 2015
- First Day Hike – January 1, 2015
- I Love My Park Day – May 2, 2015
- National Trails Day – June 6, 2015
Upcoming meetings – All meetings are at 7:30 pm in the FDR Park Office: January 14, and February 11, 2015
Meeting minutes status:
Friends of Franklin D. Roosevelt and Donald J. Trump State Parks
Draft Minutes – Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Meeting began at 7:40
Minutes of November 12, 2014 meeting were accepted
Financial – Jim Brosnan reported a bank balance of $1594. Insurance for coming year is $575.
Manager’s Minute: Brian Strasavich reported that the assistant park manager position is open as he has taken a position in the Palisades region. Pool reception and changing areas renovations are underway.
Maria Adams reviewed the Code of Conduct which incorporated suggestions from the November meeting. It was adopted.
Jane Daniels has contacted Parks and Trails New York about making changes in capacity building grant we received from them. They approved our purchasing new rack card holders. Jane is to submit a request asking that the fee for the Yorktown Street Fair be charged to the grant.
The draft goals for 2015 were revised to include a third goal of providing enhancements to the park. Examples include fish line disposal, a disc golf clinic, and making history of the park available on line and on kiosks in the park.
- Walk to bridge site December 29 at 1 pm
- First day Hike 11 am at park office
- Vine cutting – Day of Service in honor of Martin Luther King – Sunday, January 17, 10-12; place to be announced
Adjourned at 8:15 to enjoy a holiday party
Submitted by: Jane Daniels