Call to Order - Jane Daniels, President
- Introductions and sign in
- Acceptance of Minutes of December 14, 2016 meeting
Financial Report – Jane Daniels reporting for Jim Brosnan
Park Manager’s Minute (Bob Guarino)
Election of board members - Charles Castronovo (Board member), Jim Brosnan (treasurer), Jane Daniels (president), Walt Plankl (Board member)
- First Day Hike - Jane Daniels
- National Heritage Area Grant update - Dianne Press
- Recreational Trails Grant update - Jane Daniels
- Outlet Bridge Grant - Jane Daniels
Plan and Budget 2017 - Review
- Work trips - Announced and "Can You Come"
- I Love My Park Day - Saturday, May 6
- Bird Walk - Dianne Press
- National Trails Day - Saturday, June 3
- Nature Walk - Walt Plankl
Upcoming meeting Wednesday, April 12, 2017 – All meetings are at 7:30 pm in the FDR Park Office
Meeting minutes status:
Jane Daniels, President called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm. The door to the building was accidentally not left open for us.
Financial Report – Jim Brosnan submitted a budget for 2017. There is 2,922.57 in the bank. Jane Daniels indicated that buying 18" rollers and bucket for park employees to use to paint the pool will be about $300.
Charles Castronovo, Jane Daniels, Jim Brosnan, and Walt Plankl were elected to the board for a two year term.
- First Day HIke - 27 people attended
- National Heritage Area Grant update - Dianne Press showed the content for the signs which she and Rick Fisher submitted to her contact at Peebles Island. Location of the signs has not been determined and Bob Guarino will have final say as to where they are place.
- Recreational Trails Grant update - Jane Daniels said that Frank Mami is willing to help us with distributing the gravel on the entrance from Mohansic Ave. east. :
- Outlet Bridge Grant - Jane Daniels said work would start on April 23 to move the telephone poles into place.
- Wildflower seeds - Frank Mami has recommended that the wildflower seeds be planted at the edge of the woods in the grassy area where the gravel road reaches the paved road to the swimming pool. Dianne Press and John Robinson are willing to help sow the seeds once the soil is tilled.
- Anwer asked what we were doing for I Love My Park Day, Jane told him work on the trails which connect to Baldwin Road. He will sign us up for I Love My Park Day. She said she hopes we can have a bridge dedication on National Trails Day June 3rd and that there is still time to register for it after she gets back.
- Dianne Press will make arrangements with Bedford Audubon for our Annual Bird Walk
Adjourn at 7:50 pm
Upcoming meetings Wednesday, April 12, 2017 – All meetings are at 7:30 pm in the FDR Park Office