Call to Order - Jane Daniels, President
- Introductions and sign in
- Acceptance of Minutes of December 13, 2017 meeting
Financial Report – Jim Brosnan -
Manager's Minute - Bob Guarino, Park Manager
Housekeeping and governance issues for 2018
- Board elections
- Signing Volunteer Service Agreement for NY State and conflict of interest statment
- First Day Hike
- Signage - interpretive and directional
Activities for 2018
Application for a grant from Putnam County Savings Bank Foundation - what do we want to apply for?
Upcoming meeting: Wednesday, February 14 and March 14, 2018– All meetings are at 7:30 pm in the FDR Park Office
Meeting minutes status:
Jane Daniels, President called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
The minutes of the December 2017 meeting were accepted
Financial Report – Jane Daniels reported for Jim Brosnan that there is $3,612.97 the bank as of December 13, 2017.
The temperature on January 1st hovered just above zero degrees. Park personnel used tarps to cover the openings in Pavilion 1. The park employees supplied hot drinks and a fire in the fireplace which provided a welcoming atmosphere on such a cold day. A short hike was lead to see the interpretive signs.
There is about $400 left in the grant for interpretive signs. Rick Fisher and Dianne Press have identified five sites in the park where they will place small signs: the cement roller, the CCC site, stone barns, railroad bed along the Mid Park Loop, and the auto repair pits.
Bill Newman, president of Weschester Disc Golfers (WEDGE) talked about his sport. It takes about two hours to do 18 holes. There are two nine-hole courses in the park and he would like to interest others in trying the sport. The first Saturday in February is their Ice Bowl and Throw Pink (fundraiser for the Support Connection) is May 19th. He would also like to see a third course.
Activities for Hikes in 2018
Jane Daniels suggested that we build upon the success of First Day Hikes
- Hudson Valley Ramble offers hikes on weekends in September; Jane offered to lead one
- Path Through History June 16, 17 and October 6-8; A decision was delayed until Dianne Press consulted with Rick Fisher.
- Bird Walk - Dianne Press will contact Bedford Audubon Society
- Mark Kotkin offered to be in charge of I Love My Park Day on Saturday May 5th. Time, activity and place have not been decided.
- National Trails Day - June 2nd Likely work with Yorktown Trail Town on the town-owned section of the Mohansic Trailway
Application for a grant from the Putnam County Savings Bak Foundation
Park employees have been working on directional signs for the trails.
Jane had talked with Bob Guarino about a project earlier and he would like to see the grant provide more gravel for the Mohansic Trailway from Mohansic Avenue East.
The meeting adjorned at 8:30 pm.