Friends of Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Donald J Trump State Parks
Draft Agenda, Wednesday, January 9, 2013 – 7:30-9:15 PM
Call to Order - Jane Daniels, President 7:30
Introductions and sign in
Acceptance of Minutes of December, 2012 meeting
Financial Report – David Rocco 7:35
- Bank balance
- Number of members
Park Manager’s Minute - Brian Strasavich 7:45
Old Business: 7:55
- Organizational Issues
- Annual Report
- Goals for 2013
- Upcoming events
- Snow Shoe in the Park
- I Love My Park Day
History – Dianne Press
Upcoming meetings – All meetings on the second Wednesday of the month at 7:30 pm in the FDR Park Office
Meeting minutes status:
Friends of Franklin D. Roosevelt and Donald J. Trump State Parks
Draft Minutes – Wednesday, January 9, 2013 – 7:30-9:05 PM
To Do before the next meeting:
File for status with IRS
Apply when Department of State returns paper work
Logo and T-Shirts
Get logo designed by volunteers
Present: Charlie Castronovo, Jane Daniels, Dianne Press, Dave Rocco, Brian Strasavich, Janice Turner and Sargent David Szeckers of the State Park Police
President Jane Daniels called the meeting to order at 7:40 pm.
The minutes for the December 12, 2012 meeting were approved. Treasurer Dave Rocco reported there is $623.75 in the bank account.
Brian Strasavich introduced Sargent David Sseckers of the State Park Police.
Jane Daniels reported that she waiting for incorporation papers to be returned by Department of State to be returned.
Manager’s Minute – Brian Strasavich
- · Contract electrical work is done.
- · A flag system is in place indicating the ice condition of the lake.
- · Making progress on Sandy cleanup.
- · Beaver baffle has been evaded by the beaver…back to the drawing board.
- · January events include
19th Taconic Road Runners for Sandy Releif
20th Moon Light Hike
26th Boy Scout Iditarod
- · Will need help cleaning up pine litter.
- · Need to talk to organizations for I LOVE MY PARK DAY to limit a maximum of 60 people at a time so enough tools are available.
- · One of the park dump truck is old and needs extensive work to keep it going. Repair costs are upwards of $2200.00.
- · New landscaping bins are to be purchased.
- · New Gates will be installed on the Route 202 side of the park.
- · A new back hoe attachment will be purchased.
- · The shop needs a new furnace.
- · Lucy Waletzy will be looking at the Trump property to see what can be done with it.
Jane Daniels presented a draft of an annual report which was accepted.
Three out of four of the Empire State park passes won by volunteers of the Sandy cleanup to have been given out the remaining one will be given to the parent of the volunteer
Janice Turner agreed to be in charge of a contest to design a logo. She will contact possible groups. The winner would be announced on I Love My Park Day, May 5th.
Charles Castronovo will run the Gone to the Dogs Day on December 14th.
Diane Press will be talking about the CCC to the Yorktown community, she wanted the friends of FDR to be named as presenting the talk. All agreed.
Meeting adjourned at 9:05pm
Upcoming meetings -February 13, March 13 at 7:30pm in the park office.