Draft Agenda, Wednesday, June 14, 2017 – 7:30-9:00 PM
Call to Order - Jane Daniels, President
--- Introductions and sign in
--- Acceptance of the minutes of the May 2017, meeting
Financial Report – Jim Brosnan, Treasurer - balance 3,746.67
Manager's Minute - Bob Guarino, Park Manager
ATVs and dirt bikes
- Outlet Bridge - Jane Daniels
- John Robinson - tree identification signs from Voss Signs (Vosssigns.org)
- Mark Kotkin - a pedestrian button and zebra stripes at the intersection of Strang Blvd & Route 202.
- Charlie Castranova: status of shed
- Dianne Press - Interpretive signs; something for teens;
- Anwer Qureishi: a photography workshop for teens and his plans for corporate funding
- Walt Plankl: set a date to do a tree walk
- Bedford Audubon Bird Walk - June 24 at 8 am French Hill School
- Annual BBQ and picnic, July 12 Pavilion 4
Upcoming meeting Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 6:30 pm in Pavilion 4.
Meeting minutes status:
Jane Daniels, President called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
The minutes of the May 10 meeting were accepted
Financial Report – There is $3746.67 in the bank as of June 14. The increase in the bank account was the deposit of the check from Eric Fitzgerald, the Eagle Scout who built the inlet bridge..
Park Manager’s Minute (Bob Guarino): The pool was painted in 3 days thanks to the equipment the Friends purchased. That lead time for opening the pool disappeared when a leak in a pipe flooded the area. Repairs set filling the pool back a week. Tenataive plans are to change the pool depth to 4 feet, thereby decreasing the amount of water needed and allowing for more people to enjoy the pool. Having a diving area means few people are using a large amount of water. The buildings at French Hill are removed. the pool and tennis courts are scheduled to be removed next week. Diane Press said the Monica Dougherty knows the history of the property.
- Outlet Bridge Status- Jane Daniels: A work trip was held this morning to set up the activities for a worktrip on Friday.
- National Heritage Grant - Dianne Press -reported Rick Fisher and she have just heard that the frist sign is designed.
Updates and Status of items suggested at April meeting
- John Robinson - tree identification signs from Voss Signs (Vosssigns.org) cost 4.25 each and have both common and Latin name. He would like to work with someone to decide what trees need to be identified.
- Mark Kotkin - no reply back from the DOT about a pedestrian button and zebra stripes at the intersection of Strang Blvd & Route 202.
- Dianne Press -reported Rick Fisher and she have just heard that the frist sign is designed. Needs to follow up on something for teens
- Walt Plankl: has not set a date to do a tree walk
Reminder about upcoming events
- Bird Walk - June 24 Dianne Press reported it would start at 8 at French Hill School
- Annual Potluck - July 12 in pavillion 4 at 6:30
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.