Draft Agenda, Wednesday, October 11, 2017 – 7:30-9:00 PM
--- Introductions and sign in
--- Acceptance of the minutes of the September 13, 2017, meeting
Financial Report – Jim Brosnan, Treasurer
Manager's Minute - Bob Guarino, Park Manager
- Tree identification project - John Robinson
- Pedestrian button and zebra stripes at the intersection of Strang Blvd & Route 202 - Mark Kotkin
- Status of shed - Charlie Castranova
- Interpretive signs - Dianne Press
- Fishing line disposal - Jane Daniels for Greg Smith
- Yorktown Street Fair - Jane Daniels
Discussion: Plans for next year
- Other Side of FDR State Park - Talk at Hart Library November 29 7 pm
- Holiday Party - December 13th - do we want one?
- First Day Hike - January 1, 2018 10:30 Swimming Pool Parking Lot
Upcoming meeting Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 7:30 pm in the Park Office
Meeting minutes status:
Jane Daniels, President called the meeting to order at 7:30 pm.
The minutes of the September 2017 meeting were accepted
Financial Report – There is 3161.46 in the bank as of September 30, 2017. We received $267.71 in donations and were reimbursed from the RTP grant for $315.32.
- John Robinson reported that the tree tags have been screwed on to the trees.
- Charles Castronova reported we have use of a shed. Jane said she would supplu boards to fill the holes in the side of the shed.
- Dianne Press said that the interpretive signs are in production and should be in the park in about two weeks.
- Jane Daniels needs to contact Frank Mami about a fishing line disposal unit which Greg Smith will install on Mohansic Avenue East. Dianne Press
- Jane Daniels, Pam Lupfer, Anwer Quieshi, Maria Adams, and John Robinson were at the Yorktown Street Fair. There were many questions on how to reach the new trails.
- Dianne Press and Charlie Castranova had similar questions at the Support Connection about how to find the new trails.
- Jane reported that Rebekah Casino who is doing the Other Side of FDR had contacted Bill Newman of the Disc Golfers for photos and video. Charlie said she has contacted him about dog walkinng.
Discussion: The review of plans for 2017 showed that many things have been accomplished this year and .
- Planted wild flower seeds
- Built the bridge over the outlet stream
- Identifieds, purchased and installed tree identification tags
- Aquired a shed for FoFDR’s stuff
- Have map of park which shows new trails
To be completed before the end of the year
- Finish the RTP grant: buy and distribute the gravel
- Install fish line disposal
- Provide educational programs Hart Library November 29, 2017
- Complete the interpretive signs such as the history of the land within the park, the CCC, FDR, and environmental issues
Plans for next year include developing signs to encourage people to explore the other side of FDR and to acknowledge what the Friends have done for the park.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.